Maxwell is a 24-year-old, female-owned integrated marketing agency in Portland, Ore., serving national consumer brands in food & beverage, wellness, outdoor, hospitality and tourism. We work with marketing leaders ready to think big, embrace new opportunities and make game-changing shifts. Our integrated team includes in-house media relations experts, influencer marketers, digital natives and creatives in continual pursuit of lasting, positive change. We gravitate toward work that’s socially impactful, trailblazing, collaborative, unconventional and culturally relevant. We value curiosity, working out loud, navigating together and caring big.
The Job in a Nutshell
We’re looking for an integrated marketer with roots in PR, ready to drive product launches, pursue media coverage, negotiate influencer partnership and report results for a national, category-leading CPG brand. The ideal candidate thrives on shaping narratives, finding the right media to pitch and influencers to partner with, and extending brand visibility to social.
- Develop and drive creative product launches, integrating traditional media relations, influencer marketing and content strategies
- Develop and maintain journalist and influencer relationships via social media and otherwise
- Support efforts to increase visibility for client brand values and cause commitments
- Develop key messages and written material as a brand steward
- Spot and capitalize on timely media and influencer opportunities, and consumer trends
- Lead efforts to analyze and report on performance
- Support consumer engagement programs with fresh thinking and potentially content
- Manage timelines and budgets
- Mentor junior staff
- Participate in agency content development and marketing activities
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
- Excellent communication skills, adept at presenting ideas, shaping stories and giving feedback
- Highly accountable and deadline driven
- Calm and courteous under pressure
- A curious learner, open to feedback and growth
- Strategic thinker with good judgement
- Confident contributor eager to share creative ideas that support client objectives
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR or communication and three+ years agency experience
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Full employee benefits including medical, dental and vision, as well as alternative care
- 401K match
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
- Regular check-ins and an “Always On” approach to feedback and goal setting
- Professional development opportunities
- A positive, balanced work-life
How to Apply
If you’re excited by this role, but don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org about why you’re interested in the job and what makes you most qualified, with a resume and three relevant work samples.
Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce. We believe a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. Maxwell is actively working to strengthen efforts to better reflect the cultures of our community and the people our clients serve. We believe different values, experiences and backgrounds are not only a better representation of society, they contribute to two of our most important deliverables: fresh thinking and creativity.