What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a full-time, paid intern who is curious and interested in learning the PR ropes of our integrated communications agency, working with multiple account teams in a supporting role. We’ll bring you into the fold, supporting our natural food brand clients with a variety of work including, but not limited to, generating client coverage reports, developing media lists, monitoring trends, reviewing publications, supporting media and influencer relations programs, and potentially helping with social media engagement.
What You’ll Do
- Assist multiple client teams in media relations and the execution of PR programs.
- Monitor, track and report editorial and social media coverage for multiple clients.
- Find and flag stories while monitoring media and suggest outreach opportunities to client teams.
- Identify earned media pitching opportunities.
- Maintain and update existing media lists.
- Develop targeted lists of the most appropriate media and influencers for outreach.
- Help write and revise media materials.
- Review media outlet and influencer feeds and identify trends.
- Coordinate and execute media and influencer mailings.
- Participate in internal and potentially client-facing meetings, and at times summarize meeting notes or conduct research for missing information.
We’re looking for someone organized, motivated and adept at tackling multiple tasks with competing deadlines. An eagerness to learn, and creative thinkers looking to hone their craft are encouraged to apply.
You have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Journalism, PR or Communications; OR one to two years related experience. Previous PR internship experience is also a plus!
Maxwell is a 24-year-old, female-owned integrated marketing agency in Portland, Ore., serving national consumer brands in food & beverage, wellness, outdoor, hospitality and tourism. We offer integrated marketing solutions ranging from brand strategy and CSR storytelling to consumer activation campaigns and product launches. Our work is supported by a team of in-house media relations experts, influencer marketers, digital natives and creatives. We seek work that is socially impactful, trailblazing, collaborative, unconventional and culturally relevant. We are in continual pursuit of lasting, positive change. We value curiosity, working out loud, navigating together and caring big.
Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce. We believe a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. Maxwell is actively working to strengthen efforts to better reflect the cultures of our community and the people our clients serve. We believe different values, experiences and backgrounds are not only a better representation of society, they contribute to two of our most important deliverables: fresh thinking and creativity.
If you’re excited by this role, but don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.