Are you a digital strategist — equal parts analytical, strategic and creative, looking to serve leaders in the natural foods industry and beyond? Maxwell, an integrated marketing agency, is in pursuit of an omni-channel marketer who thrives on building community, brand awareness and activation via paid, content and consumer promotions. The ideal candidate will ensure high-performing programs that build brands and drive results, excelling in campaign strategy and paid digital, as well as managing reporting and optimization. The ideal candidate is passionate about the user experience and how it applies to clients’ digital consumer touchpoints, fanatical about the ever-evolving digital landscape, a curious learner, and an excellent communicator and project manager. Ecommerce experience a plus.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the digital team as they execute digital and social media marketing programs including paid social/digital, e-news, consumer engagement campaigns, website development, SEO enhancements, and other activities across digital platforms
- Supports clients and agency in all aspects of digital marketing, delivering on high-level marketing goals and client objectives (driving planning, strategy and execution)
- Acts as a digital and social strategist across a broad range of accounts, specifically focusing on content strategy, paid social and e-comm
- Leads web development, email marketing and SEO/SEM projects
- Leads analysis of digital marketing channels to uncover actionable trends, insights, and forecasts
- Interprets and reports results of digital campaigns and defines actionable items
- Utilizes data to proactively and creatively identify new opportunities and areas for improvement
- Oversees complex workstreams with client, content and design teams to execute single channel and integrated cross-channel campaigns
- Owns proactive communication between teams, championing our digital marketing efforts
- Manages and mediates digital partner relationships and contracts to maximize partner efficiency and effectiveness
- Plays an integral role in the new business and annual brand planning process, helping prepare pitch materials, in addition to attending and participating in pitches where necessary
- Collaborates with brand teams, partner agencies, and senior marketing leadership
- Assists with writing SOWs and upselling additional digital services
- Stays up to date on current and emerging digital trends, best practices, and technologies
- Seeks ways to improve digital processes and deliverables on a continual basis
- Evaluates emerging technologies and provide recommendations for adoption where appropriate
- Passion for soup-to-nuts program implementation – strategic planning, execution, reporting
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including listening skills.
- Excellent team and client communication, defining deadlines and deliverables while ensuring these are met consistently
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Strong project management skills with an ability to plan and prioritize; ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to troubleshoot team and client problem areas – and suggest a remedial course of action
- 7+ years of digital marketing experience and 2+ years of leadership and management.
- 2-3 years working in an agency environment is a plus; experience in food marketing is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, advertising, journalism, digital media or related field with course work in marketing analysis and statistics preferred
- Overall comfort with both MAC and PC computer systems.
- Expert knowledge of social channels (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest), Google Analytics, social monitoring tools, CMS and ESPs, etc. is expected.
- Strong knowledge of email service providers, search optimization tools, social e-commerce platforms, etc.
- Basic knowledge of web coding and web development a plus.
Enjoy the Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
- A positive, balanced work-life including hybrid work environment
- Robust medical, dental, vision and alternative care, as well as short-term disability
- 401K match
- Wellness stipend
- Regular check-ins and an “always on” approach to feedback and goal setting
- Professional development opportunities
Maxwell is a woman-owned, integrated marketing agency serving national consumer brands in food & beverage, wellness, outdoor, hospitality and tourism. Among its clients include Bob’s Red Mill, Dave’s Killer Bread, Herb Pharm, Mountain House and Travel Oregon. The tight-knit, collaborative team works with marketing leaders ready to think big, embrace new opportunities and make game-changing shifts. Based in Portland, Ore., the 24-year-old company offers a flexible, hybrid work mode. Its team is currently fully remote with the option to use its creative studio, a renovated art gallery transformed into office space, meeting rooms, fully functioning test kitchen and content production studio.