In a Nutshell
Maxwell, an award-winning integrated marketing agency serving national purpose-driven brands, is in hot pursuit of an organized brand thinker passionate about helping consumer brands grow and strengthening their potential for positive impact. The ideal candidate sees the big picture – helping spot opportunities, define roles and map out program details – and keeps the day-to-day work of integrated PR, influencer, digital and creative teams on track.
You’re always a little ahead of the latest trends, working on the forefront of integrated marketing to bring concepts to life, excited by the potential of PR, influencer, content and digital marketing to work together to achieve stellar results. You have a keen ability to spot media trends and shape pitch angles , and are a strong multi-tasker and collaborator who enjoys leading high-performing teams under pressure. You deploy sound judgement to solve problems and deliver creative solutions that inspire our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to client strategy and planning, ensuring tactics map to brand objectives and align with industry best practices
- Serve as direct client contact and project manager for day-to-day account work
- Nurture strong client relationships, earing their trust as an expert on their brands and categories through:
- Honesty and transparency above all else
- Proactive and timely communications
- Sound strategic counsel that illustrates an understanding of their objectives
- Monitoring and flagging industry news, competitive trends and noteworthy insights
- Develop and manage client budgets, ensuring team deliverables map to approved scopes of work and contribute to agency profitability.
- Delegate and supervise the work of account teams (and rolling up your sleeves to help out when necessary) to ensure quality results that exceed client expectations and met deadlines
- Plan for and monitor team capacity, ensuring teams have the time they need to perform their best work, and flagging when issues arise.
- Review and contribute to all client deliverables, including media materials (press releases, fact sheets, creative briefs, etc.), earned media and influencer engagement program plans and execution elements (target lists, story angles, etc.), collateral, social content, digital ads, reports and more.
- Manage and mentor junior staff to bolster their skills, leverage their strengths, develop goals and contribute to their growth and retention at the agency.
- Seek opportunities to build skills and expertise via relevant conferences, courses, seminars and networking events.
Maxwell is a 24-year-old, female-owned integrated marketing agency in Portland, Ore., serving national consumer brands in food & beverage, wellness, outdoor, hospitality and tourism. We offer integrated marketing solutions ranging from brand strategy and CSR storytelling to consumer activation campaigns and product launches. Our work is supported by a team of in-house media relations experts, influencer marketers, digital natives and creatives. We seek work that is socially impactful, trailblazing, collaborative, unconventional and culturally relevant. We are in continual pursuit of lasting, positive change. We value curiosity, working out loud, navigating together and caring big.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Full employee benefits including medical, dental and vision, as well as alternative care
- 401K matching
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
- Regular check-ins and an “always on” approach to feedback and goal setting
- Professional development opportunities
- A positive, balanced work-life
Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce. We believe a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. Maxwell is actively working to strengthen efforts to better reflect the cultures of our community and the people our clients serve. We believe different values, experiences and backgrounds are not only a better representation of society, they contribute to two of our most important deliverables: fresh thinking and creativity.
If you’re excited by this role, but don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.