PR Pro Wanted for National Consumer Brands
We’re looking for an emerging leader who’s eager to join a robust integrated marketing team serving category-leading, national food & beverage accounts. This is an opportunity to be at the heart of robust consumer marketing initiatives crossing PR, influencer and digital. You’ll be responsible for driving national brand awareness, developing brand narrative, shaping successful pitches, building influencer relationships, and monitoring and assessing campaign performance. You’ll gain exposure to new product launches, purpose-driven storytelling and consumer engagement efforts at an agency that believes good ideas can come from anywhere.
Maxwell is a woman-owned, integrated marketing agency serving national consumer brands in food & beverage, wellness, outdoor, hospitality and tourism. Among its clients include Bob’s Red Mill, Dave’s Killer Bread, Herb Pharm, Mountain House and Travel Oregon. The tight-knit, collaborative team works with marketing leaders ready to think big, embrace new opportunities and make game-changing shifts. Based in Portland, Ore., the 24-year-old company offers a flexible, hybrid work model. Its team is currently fully remote with the option to use its creative studio, a renovated art gallery transformed into office space, meeting rooms, fully functioning test kitchen and content production studio.
Grow Your Career
- Help drive media and influencer relations for food & beverage and wellness brands
- Contribute to strategic recommendations aligned with client objectives
- Write original, creative media materials
- Manage day-to-day account programs and anticipate client needs
- Ownership of performance reporting and assessments
- Contribute to clients’ social media marketing initiatives
- Execute projects within timelines and budgets, tracking projects and timelines
Bring Your Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR or communications preferred
- 1-2 + years marketing or communications experience
- Strong relationship builder with a growing network of influencer and media contacts
- Adept at sharing recommendations, presenting ideas, shaping stories and giving/receiving feedback
- Works collaboratively in an integrated team environment
- Highly accountable and deadline driven
- Calm and courteous under pressure
- Curious learner eager to stay on top of media and influencer marketing trends and best practices
Enjoy the Benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
- A positive, balanced work-life including hybrid work environment
- Robust medical, dental, vision and alternative care, as well as short-term disability
- 401K match
- Wellness stipend
- Regular check-ins and an “always on” approach to feedback and goal setting
- Professional development opportunities
If you’re excited by this role, but don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce. We believe a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. Maxwell is actively working to better reflect the cultures of our community and the people our clients serve. We believe different values, experiences and backgrounds are not only a better representation of society they contribute to two of our most important deliverables: fresh thinking and creativity.