Job In a Nutshell
Maxwell, an award-winning integrated marketing agency serving national purpose-driven brands, is looking for an Account Coordinator to help support our lifestyle and natural foods brand teams. Work includes media and influencer relations support, from developing contact lists, media materials and coverage tracking to outreach. Additionally there is potential to support social media channels for our various clients.
You have had internships or real-world experience in PR and/or marketing, an understanding of influencers and media outlets, a willingness and excitement to learn, and you’re a strong team player.
What You’ll Do
- Assists multiple client teams in media and influencer relations PR programs.
- Identifies media and influencer pitching opportunities.
- Develops and maintains accurate lists of the most appropriate media and influencers for outreach.
- Writes and proofreads media materials.
- Coordinates and executes media mailings.
- Monitors, tracks and reports editorial and social media coverage for multiple clients.
- Supports agency content development and marketing efforts.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, research and persuasion skills required in working with clients and teams.
- Adept at creative thinking and idea generation.
- Ability to work in a team environment, in collaborate with others.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Journalism, PR or Communications; or one to two years related experience, and a minimum of one year of PR internship experience. PR agency background and experience with social media and digital communications are preferred.
Maxwell is a 25-year-old, female-owned integrated marketing agency in Portland, Ore., serving national consumer brands in food & beverage, wellness, outdoor, hospitality and tourism. We offer integrated marketing solutions ranging from brand strategy and CSR storytelling to consumer activation campaigns and product launches. Our work is supported by a team of in-house media relations experts, influencer marketers, digital natives and creatives. We seek work that is socially impactful, trailblazing, collaborative, unconventional and culturally relevant. We are in continual pursuit of lasting, positive change. We value curiosity, working out loud, navigating together and caring big.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Full employee benefits including medical, dental and vision, as well as alternative care
- 401K matching
- Generous paid holidays and vacation
- Regular check-ins and an “Always On” approach to feedback and goal setting
- Professional development opportunities
- A positive, balanced work-life
Maxwell is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce. We believe a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. Maxwell is actively working to strengthen efforts to better reflect the cultures of our community and the people our clients serve. We believe different values, experiences and backgrounds are not only a better representation of society, they contribute to two of our most important deliverables: fresh thinking and creativity.
If you’re excited by this role, but don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.